- The heavens declare the glory of God, *
and the firmament shows his handiwork
- One day tells its tale to another, *
and one night imparts knowledge to another.
- Although they have no words or language, *
and their voices are not heard,
- Their sound has gone out into all lands, *
and their message to the ends of the world.
- In the deep has he set a pavilion for the sun; *
it comes forth like a bridegroom out of his chamber;
it rejoices like a champion to run its course.
- It goes forth from the uttermost edge of the heavens
and runs about to the end of it again; *
nothing is hidden from its burning heat.
- The law of the LORD is perfect
and revives the soul; *
the testimony of the LORD is sure
and gives wisdom to the innocent.
- The statutes of the LORD are just
and rejoice the heart; *
the commandment of the LORD is clear
and gives light to the eyes.
- The fear of the LORD is clean
and endures for ever; *
the judgments of the LORD are true
and righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold,
more than much fine gold, *
sweeter far than honey,
than honey in the comb.
- By them also is your servant enlightened, *
and in keeping them there is great reward.
- Who can tell how often he offends? *
cleanse me from my secret faults.
- Above all, keep your servant from presumptuous sins;
let them not get dominion over me; *
then shall I be whole and sound,
and innocent of a great offense.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my
heart be acceptable in your sight, *
O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.